5K Challenge Stations 2019
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Are you ready for a cut above a regular 5K run? Then join us for the 5K Challenge. Don't worry, this is not like Spartan or a Big Mudder course. Nothing too crazy. The 5K Challenge will consist of 12 challenge stations along the 5K course. Kirk Ream from Transformation Training and Fitness has crafted these stations for all fitness levels. They are fun, challenging (of course) AND doable. Stations involving weight will have scaled versions for Men, Women and Children. Below are brief descriptions of the challenges in the Semperfit challenge course.
1. PT Test – Perform 4 exercises for the right amount of reps .
2. Pick ‘em up – Get those knees up and through the tires
3. Low Crawl – Get low....real low. Crawl under the ropes for a distance (determined by us) just like the Marines do it. Don’t worry we’ll leave out the barbwire and machine gun fire.
4. Pull...Pull – Have you ever sat down and pulled a big tire (attached to a rope) up a hill? Now you have.
5. Log Roll - Running up hills are hard. What if you had to do while rolling a pvc pipe filled with water?
6. Drag Race – Remember the tires you pulled up the hill? Now it’s time to drag them behind you for a bit. It’s not that far....
7. Bear Crawl – Does a bear sh..., I mean crawl in the woods? Yes they do. And so will you
8. Carry On – 5 gallon buckets filled with water can get heavy after a while.
9. Take Your Medicine - Pick up the medicine ball. Throw it. Repeat. For distance
10. Tire Flip - See that big tire? Go flip it for a bit.
11. Balance Beam - Legs a little tired? Try balancing on a 4x4. Fall off and you’ll have to start all over.
12. Burpees – Enough said